Scalpel Knife No.60 Pen
This minimalist folding tool is another development of our original scalpel knife – it is much bigger and the blade is made of stainless steel. We use very big scalpel blade with 60mm cutting edge. This little gadget also has a retractable ballpoint pen. The tool weighs only 6.4 grams. A small stainless steel pin is also hidden in the tool.
The replaceable no.60 blade locks both in closed and open position. The pen retracts with a little knob and the tip stays hidden when not in use. It is suitable for your first aid kid but also for EDC on a key chain or in a pocket.
You can replace the blade, but sharpening is also quite easy too and not wasteful. We make a simple sharpener – two pieces of sand paper grid P600 and P1000, folded to a credit card size tool with weight 3.7 grams.
The pen has 0.7mm tip and comes with blue ink, but you can also specify black (add a comment with the order). Additional black and blue refills are available.
The blade is very easy to open and close, but different from what you are used to. The easiest way to open goes like this:
- Hold the tool at the tick removal end with your right hand so that you can see the blade. Put your left index finger under the other end and your thumb on the button in the middle.
- Gently push the button with your left thumb nail and pull the blade to unlock it.
- Rotate the blade and push it back until it clicks in position.
To close the blade:
- Hold the blade with your left hand and the tick remover end with your right hand firmly so you can see the blade, with the cutting edge facing down. Never touch the cutting edge.
- Bend outwards gently and pull the blade to unlock it.
- Rotate the blade 180° until it clicks, making sure the tip is hidden under the plastic cover.
Be careful, this is a real scalpel blade, it is very sharp.
If you want to replace the blade with another scalpel blade no.60 you need a PH2 screwdriver:
- Unscrew the black screw with the screwdriver. Press firmly and turn gently so you don’t damage the plastic screw head.
- Remove the old blade and click the new blade in place in closed position.
- Screw the black screw with the washer back in place and check the opening and closing functions and if the blade holds well in both positions. Adjust the screw tension if needed.
Don’t be too quick to change the blade though – you can also just sharpen it.
To change the refill of the pen turn the knob to extract the pen (ready to write), hold the side of the the refill with your thumb firmly to hold it in place and turn the knob (to retract the refill). Repeat if needed. When the old refill is removed, turn the knob in forward position and just push the new one in place.